News and Announcements
MARK YOUR CALENDARS for Saturday, November 28th, 2015!
Denver Eagles has a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to bless one of our founding families. Vince and Diana Lewis have a son Ty who has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Click on the link below for some information on Ty:
On Saturday after Thanksgiving, Denver Eagles is looking to sponsor a Turkey Trot fundraiser to help this precious family.
Vince and Diana have three boys that played with Denver Eagles in the early years. Vince served in a number of coaching positions including Athletic Director for 7 years, and Board Member for 12 years. The Lewis Family heard about Denver Eagles (then Eagle Sports), at a CHEC conference from Glenn Miller, Denver Eagles Director and Founder. Ty and his two brothers Xavier and Isaac played soccer, basketball, and baseball for Denver Eagles. Diana Lewis recalls, “We are so grateful for the years with Eagle Sports, now Denver Eagles. The families we met, friendships we still have, and the lessons our children were taught, will be forever in our hearts.”
STAY TUNED for more Turkey Trot details.
REMINDER our Denver Eagles Fall 2015 Basketball Camp is NEXT WEEK, Sep 23-25, Wed-Fri, 9:00am-3:00pm.
This camp is a great way for:
• Beginners to give it a try;
• Recreational players to learn more about the game and improve your skill; and
• Competitive players to get ready for the upcoming season(s).
Added incentive for Competitive players is $50 OFF your 2015-16 Middle School or High School registration fees!
SIGN-UP TODAY on our website at www.denvereagles.org and/or forward this message to others who may be interested.
I look forward to seeing some of you at Gold Crown next week!
Registration is now open for 2015 Denver Eagles fall sports!
- Open to High School and Junior High boys and girls, ages 10-18
- Training runs begin Aug. 4 on Tuesdays and Fridays, 7:00-8:00 PM, Northridge Rec Center, 8801 S Broadway, Highlands Ranch, CO
- 5-6 meets in late August-September, race distance is 5K (High School; sometimes shorter for Junior HIgh)
- Athletes who want to use Cross Country to get in shape for other sports or general fitness are welcome
- Open to High School girls, ages 14-18
- Season from August to October
- Practices on Mondays and Thursdays, Gold Crown Field House, 150 S Harlan St, Lakewood, CO, 5:00-7:00 PM
- Games on Tuesday and Friday nights, beginning August 18.
- Open to High School Boys, ages 14-18
- Season from August to October
- Games on weeknights Tuesday-Friday, beginning August 25
- Practices TBA
- Junior High open to boys and girls, ages 10-14, High School open to boys and girls ages 14-18
- Junior High runs from October to December, with practices starting October 12
- High School runs from November to March 2016, with practices starting November 9
- 10% sibling discount applies to both junior high and high school
- Practices at Gold Crown Field House, 150 S Harlan St, Lakewood, CO; home games at Arvada K-8, 5751 Balsam St, Arvada, CO
- Indoor practice time is available at Slammers South based on availability
- Low cost
- 10-15 games with season ending tournament
- League Games begin on August 22nd/23rd and run thru October 3rd/4th with the season ending tournament on October 11th/12th.
- Games played at Addenbrooke Park, Peak Athletic Complex, Easton Parks, Dove Valley Parks, and Slammers facility for 7-8 year old teams.
- Ages are as follows: 13-14 year olds pitching from 54’-bases 80’; 11-12 year olds pitching from 50’-bases 70’
To register, click on the Registration link at the upper left menu and select the appropriate sport in the drop-down.
We are looking forward to another great year of Denver Eagles Christian Homeschool Sports!
This is our third season offering Cross Country. Please spread the word for others who may want to join us. We welcome those who want to use Cross Country to prepare for other sports or just improve their overall fitness. The course distance is 5K (3.1 miles).Practice location: Recreation Center at Northridge, 8801 S Broadway, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126 Practice times: Tuesdays and Fridays 7:00-8:00 pm beginning August 4. Runners should be running on their own prior to this at least 4 days per week. The goal should be to work up to at least 10 miles per week. Meets will be in September and October, mostly held on Saturdays. Some travel may be involved within 2 hours of Denver and carpooling will be encouraged. Full Registration includes:
– Online registration,
– Medical History/Release Form (home page under documents),
– ONE TIME submission of Birth Certificate (kept on file for future sports),
– $150 Payment (due PRIOR to first practice/Parent Meeting). The registration cost does not include optional post season tournament travel.
Note: Code of Conduct and Uniform Release forms given by/returned to the coach after first practice. – Volunteer form (given at Parent Meeting)
When: September 23-25 (Wednesday-Friday), 9:00am-3:00pm
Where: Gold Crown Field House at 150 South Harlan Street in Lakewood
Age Group: 8-18 years, both Boys and Girls
Cost: $89 per player with $200 family maximum
This is a great way to learn the game of basketball and/or build your skills in shooting, ball handling, dribbling, passing and more. We group the athletes according to their abilities and age and have games that help the athletes learn in a fun environment. Contact is Rick Semin.
Please register using the form at the upper left side of the menu. No registration necessary for Basketball Open Gym.