Jr High Girls Basketball 2019
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!
o Girls Jr. High Basketball, ages 10-14, mid-October to December 6th
FIRST PRACTICE: Thursday, October 10th at Arvada K-8 School, 5751 Balsam St, Arvada, CO 80002 (Boys 4:30pm-6:00pm, Girls 5:30pm-7:00 pm)
FULL REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
– Online registration,
– Online Medical History/Release Form – included on Registration form,
- Online code of conduct and uniform release Form – included on Registration form,
– Online (in registration) Volunteer choice
– ONE TIME submission of Birth Certificate (kept on file for future participation, same or different sport – NOT needed for Rec League!),
– Payment (due PRIOR to first game). The registration cost does not include optional post season tournament travel.
-Mandatory Parent meeting to discuss schedule, expectations, volunteer opportunities, etc.
Registration form must be completed for each athlete before 1st practice. Payment due before the 1st game, athletic director approved payments plans available.
Checks payable to DENVER EAGLES, and mailed to: Stephanie Zila 10321 Newcombe Ct., Broomfield, CO 80021
Please choose an area to serve in – thank you!
PERMISSION TO TREAT
I, the parent/guardian of the above names participant, give permission to the Denver Eagles volunteer staff to seek emergency medical/surgical treatment for the above named participant as necessary in my absence. I understand that every attempt will be made to contact me, or the emergency contact(s) named above, before taking this action if at all possible. I will be financially responsible for any medical attention needed for this participant and will contact the Denver Eagles if there are any changes to the information provided on this from. I hearby waive and release the Denver Eagel’s from any liability whatsoever for any injury or illness incurred while participating in any Denver Eagles athletic event or function.
By typing my name here, I acknowledge that this “digital signature” acts just the same as an actual signature and the individual will be held liable to the above terms and conditions.
RELEASE FROM RESPONSIBILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND WAIVER
In consideration of my being permitted by Denver Eagles (DE) to participate in activities during the 2019-2020 sports year I am exercising my own free choice to participate voluntarily and promising to take due care during such participation, hereby release and discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Denver Eagles, and their officers, agents, employees, and any other persons or entities acting on their behalf, and the successors and assigns for any and all of the aforementioned persons and entities, against all claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, either in law or in equity, relating to injury, disability, death or other harm, to person or property or both, arising from my participation in and/or presence at DE activities.
I acknowledge that I am aware of any hazards and risks which may be associated with my participation in these activities. I understand, accept, and assume those hazards and risks, and waive all claims against the Denver Eagles and other persons as set forth above. I understand that I am solely responsible for any costs arising out of any bodily injury or property damage sustained through my participation in normal or unusual acts or conduct associated with the above- named activities.
I have had sufficient time to review and seek explanation of the provisions contained above, have carefully read them, understand them fully, and agree to be bound by them. After careful deliberation, I voluntarily give my consent and agree to this Release, Assumption of Risk, and Waiver. I certify that I am over the age of eighteen years or a parent/legal custodian for the undersigned athlete under age the age of 18 years, and have read and executed this
PERSONAL VEHICLE USE AND TRAVEL WAIVER
Denver Eagles (DE) does not provide insurance for the vehicle or its driver or occupants and is not liable for personal injury or property damage, including damage to the vehicle incurred during travel. As the owner of the vehicle while providing transportation to DE athletes, parents or others, I understand that I may be exposing myself to personal liability in the event of an accident. With the foregoing understandings, I voluntarily undertake use of a personal vehicle
for travel to/from DE events.
I release and fully discharge Denver Eagles and other persons set forth above from all liability in connection with the use of my or a teammate’s vehicle for travel for or on account of any injury or illness of myself or death, or that of any passenger in my vehicle, or for or on account of any loss or damage to any personal property or personal effects owned by me or any passenger.
Furthermore, I acknowledge that DE is not responsible for lodging, hotels or overnight accommodations. I agree to hold DE harmless in all respects for
overnight accommodations and acknowledge that I am personally responsible for these arrangements.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Denver Eagles Code of Conduct:
We understand and agree that:
1. Christian conduct is expected both during games and practice, by both players and parents, and that our actions and attitudes reflect our witness in Christ.
2. We will endeavor to understand and play within the established rules of the game.
3. We will not display any bad attitude during practice or a game for any reason, for example, due to a mistake made by a coach, player, or official.
4. We will show respect at all times toward all coaches, players, fans, and officials.
5. We will not objectionably question any call made by an official, but rather work quietly through coaches and captains.
6. We will not use foul language, cursing, or taking the Lord’s name in vain.
7. As a player, I will be discreet in changing into and out of my uniform.
8. All players will be expected to help set up for games and practices and clean up afterwards, which may include preparing equipment and picking up trash.
9. There will be prayer and may be devotionals before, during, or after any given practice or game.
10. Coach’s decisions are final; there will be no coaching from the fans or players from the bench, regardless if the coach is wrong, unless the issue is safety related.
11. There will be no talking while the coach is talking, teaching, or training.
12. Tactful, quiet, one-on-one discussions of any concerns, questions, or ideas with coaches will be dealt with before or after games and/or practices.
13. We will emphasize team spirit, team unity, team effort, and team success.
14. We will seek to glorify God in all we do!
Uniforms are provided by Denver Eagles for use during the season. Upon receipt of these uniforms, you agree to:
· wear the uniform only at games and practices,
· wash the uniform regularly with like colors,
· wash the uniform in cold water and inside out, and
· return the uniform at the end of the season.
If damaged or lost, you are responsible to pay a replacement cost, not to exceed $50 per item.
Denver Eagles does offer personalized warm-ups for our High School players, at an additional cost of $25 per warm-up. These warm-ups are for you to keep, and are generically designed to apply to all our sports. Orders are taken at the beginning of each season with delivery some weeks later.